It’s Friday, guys! Celebrate with a quick rundown of news and notes from around the NHL:
- Golden Knights winger James Neal will miss the majority of training camp due to a hand injury suffered during last season’s Conference Finals, which definitely isn’t ideal. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- Gerard Gallant, despite the the excitement surrounding the Golden Knights, is trying to temper his expectations as the newest NHL franchise’s inaugural season approaches. [Knights On Ice]
- Kerry Bubolz, the president of the Golden Knights, is looking forward to the start of the season and already knows who he’d like to see score the first goal in team history. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- As Vegas prepares for the start of its first ever training camp, Golden Knights players are focusing on becoming, you know, a team. [NHL]
- The NHL isn’t going to partake in this year’s Winter Olympics, which, along with millions of hockey fans across the world, has Washington Capitals great Alexander Ovechkin particularly dejected. [Capitals]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more Golden Knights coverage.