Let’s go over some news and notes:
- If there’s one thing we learned from Saturday’s dominant victory, it’s that the Golden Knights from last season may just be back. [KOI]
- Malcolm Subban’s stats don’t look great, but it’s hard to put the blame totally on him for that. For the sake of Vegas’ long-term future in net, we want to see more Subban. [KOI]
- The Golden Knights’ defense has looked much better recently. It’s almost as if Nate Schmidt’s return has allowed Gerard Gallant to finally put his best defensive pairings on the ice. [The Athletic]
In other news...
- Who will win the Calder this year? Probably Elias Pettersson. But there are some other names to keep an eye on. [The Hockey News]
- Ilya Kovalchuk is being paid $6,250,000 per year to play fourth-line minutes. Things are bad in Los Angeles. [New York Times]