Let’s go over some news and notes:
- For the first time ever, the Golden Knights have defeated the New York Islanders. And they didn’t even need Barclays Center’s lights to do it! [KOI]
- Erik Brannstrom, Nic Hague and several other notable Knights prospects are showing a lot of promise, but are still learning the ins and outs of what it takes to be a pro. [The Athletic]
- The Golden Knights victimized teams during the 2017 Expansion Draft, but GMs will probably be much smarter going into the 2021 expansion. [Las Vegas Sun]
In other news...
- The Blues are officially imploding. Could Vegas be a possible destination for defenseman Alex Pietrangelo? [Sportsnet]
- Mikko Rantanen has turned out to be pretty freaking good. Makes you wonder how much his next contract will be worth. [The Hockey News]
- Weezer, led by frontman and Kyle Dubas twin Rivers Cuomo, will perform at the Winter Classic on Jan. 1. [NHL]
- Refs can score goals too.
Luckily, NHL referee Tim Peel is 52 and is beyond his reproductive days pic.twitter.com/hwi8sYms9j— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) December 12, 2018