Let’s go over some news and notes:
- How did the Golden Knights stay loose when the power went out at Barclays Center? Well, Marc-Andre Fleury was taking some selfies with fans. Naturally. [KOI]
- Jonathan Marchessault doesn’t pay much attention to advanced stats. However, he’s quite fond of the eye test, and he likes what he’s seen recently from his team. [NHL]
- If you think George McPhee won’t take full advantage of being exempt from the 2021 expansion draft, you may want to think again. [The Athletic]
- Pierre-Edouard Bellemare had an atypical journey to the NHL, and now he’s impacting the community in a way he never thought he’d be able to. [The Athletic]
In other news...
- Who’s the greatest goal-scorer in NHL history? Ryan Reaves. Obviously. [CBC]
- Andrei Vasilevskiy may have made the save of the year last night.
Andrei Vasilevskiy makes an unreal save on Patrick Marleau pic.twitter.com/iYNEYten8Q— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) December 14, 2018