Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Knights sent Daniel Carr back down to the AHL and called up Reid Duke, the first-ever Golden Knight. [KOI]
- While Ryan Reaves’ hit on Tom Wilson didn’t result in a suspension, it did give us an small taste as to why hitting is becoming less prevalent in the NHL. [The Hockey News]
- A couple Knights prospects have earned a shot at playing in the World Juniors for Team Sweden.
Sweden's preliminary roster for the World Juniors 2019. pic.twitter.com/XGCd01vIDT— Uffe Bodin (@UffeBodin) December 5, 2018
In other news...
- Vegas’ first-year success was unprecedented, but the new Seattle franchise may be able to pick up where the Knights left off. [The Hockey News]
- More and more women are getting involved with NHL broadcasting, and that’s an exciting and massive step forward for the game. [The Athletic]