Rise and shine! Let’s check in on some news and notes:
- For months, Golden Knights fans have been anxiously waiting to discover the fate of former Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson. Unfortunately, not only did Vegas fail to land Karlsson, but the two-time Norris Trophy winner is now headed to a division rival. [Fear the Fin]
- But have no fear, Knights fans! At least we still have Jon Merrill for another couple years! [Knights on Ice]
- Also on Vegas’ blue line is Colin Miller, who is primed for a much larger role to start the season. [Knights on Ice]
- The Athletic’s Corey Pronman put together his list of the NHL’s top 100 prospects, and it should come as no surprise to anyone that Vegas has a lot of names on said list. [The Athletic]
In other news...
- Wayne Gretzky, a pretty important figure in ice hockey, is very much in support of NHL players taking part in the 2022 Winter Olympics. [ESPN]
- With Karlsson now in San Jose, it might be a good idea for Eugene Melnyk to just, you know, go away. [The Hockey News]
- The Dallas Stars signed Tyler Seguin to a massive contract extension yesterday, and they announced the deal in the most amazing way possible.
September 13, 2018
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.