Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Say what you will about Nick Holden, but the guy’s a pretty awesome fit in the Knights’ locker room. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- Speaking of Knights defensemen who aren’t exactly fan favorites, Jon Merrill has been looking pretty good recently. [SinBin.vegas]
In other news...
- The NHL is testing some pretty awesome player-tracking technology, and it almost looks too cool to be real. [The Athletic]
- Rick Nash is officially calling it a career. [The Cannon]
- In case this wasn’t already known, James Neal is easily one of the worst free agent signings of the summer. [The Hockey News]
- Give me Snoop Dogg in the broadcast booth every single night. [NHL]
- Coyotes forward Conor Garland scored a goal with his face.