Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Does it seem like the Golden Knights are hitting iron more than just about every team in the NHL? Well, that’s because they are. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- Do you ever just lay on the couch and think about what Nikita Gusev is doing? I sure do. And thanks to our friends over at SinBin.vegas, we now know what he’s been up to! [SinBin.vegas]
- Marc-Andre Fleury tried to be slick in Tuesday night’s game against the Jets. Unfortunately, he got caught.
Marc-Andre Fleury builds a snow wall in front of the empty net before going to the bench and gets caught pic.twitter.com/OL1EjXims2— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) January 16, 2019
In other news...
- Hey! A trade! Vancouver sent Michael Del Zotto to Anaheim in exchange for Luke Schenn and a seventh-round draft pick. Jaw-dropping, I know. [TSN]
- Are the Blues actually good again? [The Hockey News]
- If you were hoping there would be a World Cup of Hockey in 2020, I have some bad news for you. [ESPN]
- Remember John Scott? The 6-foot-8 enforcer that was voted into the 2016 NHL All-Star Game? Well, he’s lucky to be alive after falling into an icy lake over the weekend. [The Athletic]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.