Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Few people understand just how hectic it is to be on the move from one team to another. Brad Hunt’s story gives us a pretty good glimpse at the chaos. [The Athletic]
- What do the Golden Knights do with hats thrown onto the ice when a player completes a hat trick? [Las Vegas Sun]
- Some Knights players took each other on in Mario Kart, and it was pretty amazing.
In other news...
- The Oilers signed Mikko Koskinen to a three-year contract extension worth $4.5 million annually. He’s averaged nearly four goals against in his last 11 games with a .879 save percentage. Chiarelli does it again! [Copper and Blue]
- And it turns out that’s the last move Chiarelli will make as GM of the Oilers. He’s officially been relieved of his duties. [Sportsnet]
- The folks up in Seattle are trying to build the perfect franchise. Not gonna be very easy, guys. [ESPN]