Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Marc-Andre Fleury is going back to the All-Star Game! At 34 years young, he’s playing some of the best hockey of his life. [KOI]
- Cody Eakin — the Swiss Army knife that makes the Golden Knights function. [The Athletic]
- Why is it that the Golden Knights have played so much better over their last 23 games? Well, you know, Nate Schmidt. [KOI]
- And since Schmidt’s return, the Knights went from being one of the league’s biggest mysteries to one of the top teams in hockey. [The Hockey News]
In other news...
- We know about Fleury going to the All-Star Game, but who else is headed to California? You can see the full list right here. [NHL]
- Alex Ovechkin was unsurprisingly voted to play in the All-Star Game, but he’s choosing to skip the event in order to stay fresh for the Capitals. [ESPN]
- Team Canada has been eliminated from the World Junior Championship, which means that Cody Glass has also been eliminated, and that makes us very sad. [The Hockey News]
- Just give Elias Pettersson the Calder already.
An #NHLAllStar selection followed by an @Enterprise hat trick.— NHL (@NHL) January 3, 2019
What a night for @_EPettersson. pic.twitter.com/9YfgDHZrQV
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.