Happy Monday to all of you wonderful people. Here’s what you need to know.
Golden Knights news
- So, last night was bad. (KOI)
- Golden Knights VP of Entertainment Jonny Greco is leaving the organization to pursue opportunities in New York. His impact will forever be felt for the work he did to make VGK a desirable team to watch. (SinBin)
- The Vegas offense is just ... not good right now. (Review-Journal)
- How much work goes in to perfecting tip shots at the net? Alex Tuch and Ryan Reaves answer that. (Review-Journal)
News from around the NHL
- Holy mother goose, Connor McDavid, what did you do? His fifth hat trick in the NHL was highlighted by this ridiculous goal. The Oilers also won again and keep pace atop the Pacific Division.
- Huge blow for the Maple Leafs, as Mitch Marner will miss four weeks with an ankle injury. That also means he will miss Toronto’s visit to T-Mobile Arena on Nov. 19. (PPP)
- Don Cherry made some dumb anti-immigrant comments the other night. Sportsnet and the NHL released statements condemning the remarks, but nothing other than that. Co-host Ron MacLean also had a statement.
- Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno will have a hearing with the department of player safety for his hit to the head of Avalanche center Pierre-Edouard Bellemare on Saturday. (NHL)
- Sidney Crosby had a lower-body injury on Saturday. A further update for the Pittsburgh captain is expected Monday. (Pensburgh)
- It’s going to be a long season for the Senators, but they scored twice in four seconds the other night. Pretty dope.