Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Valentin Zykov scored his first goal as a Golden Knights last night, and it’s clear Gerard Gallant is giving him every opportunity to succeed. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- Ryan Carpenter took a scary hit from Cedric Paquette last night. We don’t know any details at the moment. Head injuries are no joke, folks.
In other news...
- Auston Matthews is getting paid. Over $11.6 million per season for five years. Next up, Mitch Marner. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Alex Ovechkin has officially broken the all-time Russian scoring record. [Japers’ Rink]
- Oilers fans have officially had it.
JERSEY TOSS. REPEAT. JERSEY TOSS. pic.twitter.com/cdCQCJ2lbA— William James (@William_J87) February 6, 2019