Let’s go over some news and notes:
- After a solid victory over the Stars on Friday, the Golden Knights kept the momentum going on Sunday and took down the Oilers for a big win. And who better to score on St. Patty’s Day than the redheaded Cody Eakin? [KOI]
- Also, Marc-Andre Fleury is dealing with a lower-body injury, so that’s not very awesome. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- Speaking of Flower, all he wants in life is to score a goal and fight someone. And by God, we may want it just as much is he does. [The Athletic]
In other news...
- Folks in Ottawa are already comparing Erik Brannstrom to Erik Karlsson. [The Hockey News]
- Officials have missed a pretty solid amount of calls this season, and that’s going to have to stop before the playoffs (or ‘yoffs for short) start. [Sportsnet]
- If you’ve watched the Tampa Bay Lightning at all this season, then you probably understand why the could very well be the best team in the NHL’s salary cap era. [The Athletic]
- Conor McGregor was in Boston for the Bruins’ overtime victory over the Blue Jackets. Naturally, Brad Marchand celebrated accordingly.
One Notorious celly.@Bmarch63 | #NHLBruins pic.twitter.com/wLSEGq1aKT— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) March 17, 2019
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.