Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The bad news is that the Knights are on a five-game losing skid just as the playoffs are about to begin. Not ideal! [KOI]
- Ryan Reaves got fined for taking a stick to the jugular and not being happy about it, so that’s interesting. [NHL]
In other news...
- Alex Ovechkin, at 33 years old, reached the 50-goal milestone again. The man is incredible. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- Nathan MacKinnon has been pretty ridiculous this season, and it wouldn’t be shocking if he won the Hart trophy. Even despite what Nikita Kucherov has done this year. [Mile High Hockey]
- The CWHL will discontinue operations on May 1. Sad, sad day for women’s hockey. [The Ice Garden]
- Player tracking is coming to the NHL, but how are teams preparing for it? [The Athletic]