Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Golden Knights signed Jimmy Schuldt, one of the top free agent college defensemen yesterday, so that’s pretty awesome. [KOI]
- Turns out Nate Schmidt played a pretty big role in convincing Schuldt to sign with Vegas too. Way to go, Nate! [The Athletic]
- Are you worried that we wont see Marc-Andre Fleury until the postseason? Don’t be. [NHL]
In other news...
- With the CWHL folding, the NWHL is taking the opportunity to grow. Expect to see two Canadian clubs added for next season. [The Ice Garden]
- The NWHL is also set to add further investment from the NHL — and it’s less than the minimum salary of a single NHL player. Can’t make this up, folks. [The Ice Garden]
- Some scouts say Jack Hughes could be the next Connor McDavid. [NHL]
- Never forget Scott Foster, the 37-year-old accountant who was the best goalie on the planet for 15 minutes last season. [ESPN]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.