Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Golden Knights are officially building another hockey facility in Henderson, and it sounds totally awesome. [KOI]
- How did Tomas Nosek do in 2018-19? Did he meet expectations? [KOI]
- The further the Chicago Wolves go in the postseason, the better that is for the kids. [The Athletic]
- Mark Stone? He’s good at the hockey. He scores the game-winner to take Canada one step close to the main event.
SCORES!— TSN (@TSN_Sports) May 23, 2019
On a 2-on-1, Pierre-Luc Dubois (@BlueJacketsNHL) feeds Mark Stone (@GoldenKnights), who buries it to win it in overtime for @HC_Men!
3-2 | #IIHFWorlds pic.twitter.com/xhIEQjhDSX
In other news...
- Phil Kessel is going to be traded. It sounded like he was headed to Minnesota before it turned out that he wouldn’t waive his NMC. Regardless, he definitely won’t be back in Pittsburgh next season. [PensBurgh]
- The Senators have found their new head coach. May God be with you, D.J. Smith. [Silver Seven]
- For some completely idiotic reason, Slava Voynov’s suspension is going to be lifted at the midpoint of the 2019-20 season. [ESPN]
- If you’re not rooting for the Blues in the Stanley Cup Final, you should. Because they deserve a championship. [St. Louis Game Time]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.