Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Forward Layton Ahac lands at No. 19 on our Top 25 Under 25 list as he prepares for his first collegiate campaign at Ohio State. [KOI]
- Ivan Morozov and Pavel Doroveyev both looked pretty awesome at the Hlinka Gretzky Cup. [The Athletic]
- The Golden Knights selected Peyton Krebs in the draft, but it sure sounds like they almost traded up to get, presumably, Cole Caufield (or maybe someone else). [SinBin.vegas]
In other news...
- 36-year-old goalie Mike McKenna is finally calling it a career after playing for 15 (fifteen!) different NHL teams. [ESPN]
- Oilers forward Jesse Puljujarvi, who is a restricted free agent, signed in Finland with an opt-out clause. As he should, Puljujarvi wants absolutely nothing to do with Edmonton. [TSN]
- There haven’t been enough hockey movies recently, and that needs to change. [Anaheim Calling]
- Imagine being able to do what this kid can do as effortlessly as he does it.
This is impressive ... kid didn't look down once— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 28, 2019
(via @RGally29) pic.twitter.com/hTfDO6hHNs
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.