Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Golden Knights lost to the Canucks Tuesday night in overtime, and they really could’ve used that extra point as they still sit several shy of a playoff spot. [Knights On Ice]
- If they do end up making the playoffs, though, they have everything it takes to beat some of the NHL’s top teams. [Sportsnet]
- Fan Appreciation Week is coming, so you may want to take some notes on the festivities the Knights have in store.
In other news...
- The Penguins will be taking on the Bruins in next season’s Winter Classic at Fenway Park, so that could be fun. [PensBurgh]
- The Avalanche signed top college free agent Ben Meyers to a contract yesterday. Meyers is 23 and competed at the Beijing Olympics in February. [Mile High Hockey]
- Ryan Hartman was fined $4,250 for hilariously flipping Evander Kane the bird the other night. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Jets were supposed to take on the Kraken last night, but a snow storm ruined that. Instead, they’ll play on May 1. [Davy Jones Locker Room]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.