Let’s go over some news and notes:
- How will the Golden Knights replace Robin Lehner? Is Logan Thompson the guy? Or will they need to bring in a free agent? [The Hockey News]
- In their preseason game against the Kings on September 26, the Golden Knights will give away gold statues of Bruce Cassidy that look absolutely nothing like Bruce Cassidy.
We’re using the scenic opportunities of the #VGKRoadTrip to announce our special preseason giveaways— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) August 16, 2022
Fans at our preseason home game on 9/26 vs. LA will receive a Bruce Cassidy miniature gold statue pic.twitter.com/v2fnKMflKO
In other news...
- Flames forward Jonathan Huberdeau has vowed to donate his brain for research into concussions and CTE. [ESPN]
- Sometimes players get unhappy and demand a trade elsewhere. Here are some players who could do something like that this season. [Bleacher Report]
- The Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL hired Joel Martin as their head coach, making him the second current Black head coach of a North American pro hockey team.
✍️ The Kalamazoo Wings are proud to welcome Joel Martin as the team's new head coach! https://t.co/CeBqhGhIem— Kalamazoo Wings (@KalamazooWings) August 15, 2022
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.