Knights Nuggets: Barry Trotz resigns as Capitals’ head coach
Start off your morning by reading up on some hockey news.
Rise and shine! Let’s check in on some news and notes:
- We decided to make a wishlist for free agency. Will the Golden Knights deliver? Maybe not! But we can dream, right? [Knights on Ice]
- Just a couple weeks after the Capitals beat Vegas in the Stanley Cup Final, Washington head coach Barry Trotz has opted to resign. [Japers’ Rink]
- And with Trotz stepping down, this gives the Islanders a new frontrunner to be their next head coach. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Speaking of head coaches, Dave Tippett, the former Stars and Coyotes head coach, has joined the group trying to bring hockey to Seattle as senior advisor. [Sportsnet]
- Bob McKenzie has released his Final Draft Rankings. Is Andrei Svechnikov gaining ground on Rasmus Dahlin? [TSN]
- If you were looking for a reason to watch the NHL Awards, you have one. Humboldt Broncos players will be honored Wednesday night, and you won’t want to miss it. [SB Nation]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.