Knights Nuggets: Bettman confirms that Golden Knights will be exempt from Seattle expansion draft
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes.
Rise and shine! Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Alex Tuch has not only been ruled out for the season opener, but he was also placed on Vegas’ injured reserve list Tuesday. Not great! [KOI]
- Brandon ran an NHL 19 simulation of the Golden Knights’ season. Spoiler alert, but don’t be surprised when NHL 19 is wrong (again). [KOI]
- Did you hear that there’s an official Golden Knights license plate now? Because there is. And you should buy one. [KOI]
- Jillian continues the Pacific Division Preview series. Yesterday, she took a look at the Edmonton Connor McDavids. [KOI]
- It was reported back in March that the Golden Knights would be exempt from the eventual Seattle expansion draft. Tuesday, that report was confirmed by Gary Bettman himself.
Gary Bettman confirms what @Sportsnet reported in March: The Vegas Golden Knights won't participate in the expansion draft for Seattle.— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) October 2, 2018
Otherwise, same protection rules remain.
In other news...
- Speaking of the Seattle expansion draft, there’s pretty much a 99.9999 percent chance that the Emerald City is getting an NHL team. [The Athletic]
- Auston Matthews is terrified of eggs.
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram and like our Facebook page for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.