Knights Nuggets: Draft day is here!
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The NHL Entry Draft is finally here! Check out our draft rankings before all of the festivities begin. [KOI]
- Nikita Kucherov is excited to watch his buddy Nikita Gusev play in the NHL. [SinBin.vegas]
- Speaking of Gusev, will he even play for the Golden Knights? Get your popcorn ready. Things are about to get zesty.
Vegas continues to talk to teams about moves that could find them cap space. RHD Colin Miller in several conversations. Also RFA forward Nikita Gusev a guy a few teams are tying on.— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) June 20, 2019
In other news...
- Some really unfortunate news out of Tampa. Ryan Callahan has been diagnosed with a degenerative back disease and will likely retire. [Raw Charge]
- The NHL Board of Governors has approved the sale of a majority stake of the Coyotes to Alex Meruelo, who may be able to get Arizona a new arena. [Five For Howling]
- Gary Bettman announced a slew of rule changes yesterday. And a lot of them were inspired by the Sharks’ controversial playoff run. [Sportsnet]
- Also, there’s this, which is pretty insane.
NHL GMs had some discussion today about eliminating offsides altogether, according to Gary Bettman.— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) June 21, 2019
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.