Knights Nuggets: Gusev despicably steals McDavid’s number
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- With Nikita Gusev now a member of the Devils, the Golden Knights lineup is starting to shape up, but not without a few question marks. [KOI]
- Here’s another projection of Vegas’ opening Knight lineup. See what I did there? Eh? [The Athletic]
- Nikita Gusev is stealing Connor McDavid’s number. Kick him out of the sport!
How disrespectful. Nobody wore 99 while Gretz was still playing. Nobody wore 66 when Mario played. Connor is on that level. https://t.co/R9xILcFTSU— Dean Vince (@deanvince) July 30, 2019
In other news...
- The Wild fired Paul Fenton not even a month after he signed a 32-year-old to a five-year contract with an NMC. Nice. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Lightning somehow managed to trade Ryan Callahan (who will never play hockey again) to the Senators for Mike Condon. [Raw Charge]
- Chris Kunitz has retired after 15 years in the NHL. [PensBurgh]
- These two Swedes are already looking like two of the better prospects available in next year’s draft. [The Hockey News]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.