Knights Nuggets: Hockey is coming to Henderson
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- It’s official. The Henderson City Council unanimously voted in favor of a new hockey complex. [Las Vegas Sun]
- If the Knights don’t want to make a big splash at the trade deadline, perhaps Marcus Johansson would be a solid alternative. [SinBin.vegas]
- Pretty fun little snowstorm Las Vegas had the other night, eh? It got some Golden Knights players reminiscing about the old days on the pond. [NHL]
In other news...
- It’s certainly looking like the Ottawa Senators are set on moving Matt Duchene at the trade deadline. [Silver Seven]
- This is the year of Jack Hughes, but who — not named Alexis Lafreniere — will be the crown jewel of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft? [The Athletic]
- Jaromir Jagr has officially been playing professional hockey for 30 (thirty!) years. Absolute madness. [The Hockey News]
- Artemi Panarin sat out last night with an “illness” and John Tortorella was not about to let that start any rumors.
#CBJ Panarin won’t face #Habs tonight due to illness. Torts was emphatic that Panarin’s absence is not to protect a potential trade asset: “He’s SICK... he shit his pants and he’s puking his guts out.”— John Lu (@JohnLuTSNMtl) February 19, 2019
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.