Knights Nuggets: Mark Stone extension incoming?
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- It’s looking like the Golden Knights are going to lock up Mark Stone on a long-term deal today.
Expect Mark Stone's contract to be officially announced tomorrow (8 x 9.5 million). Vegas GM George McPhee had been away since the deadline...he's back now to put pen to paper.— John Shannon (@JSportsnet) March 8, 2019
- Speak of the devil, Stone has already made a pretty big impact on the Golden Knights since his arrival. [KOI]
- Hockey players typically don’t like to gloat. And Brayden McNabb is certainly one of those players. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- The Golden Knights have a lot of games against division rivals coming up. And that’s a good thing. [SinBin.vegas]
In other news...
- The NBA, MLB and NFL all have very different stances on the use of marijuana for recreational and even medicinal use compared to the NHL. But it may be in their best interest to adopt a policy similar to the NHL’s. [ESPN]
- Yikes. The Blue Jackets sure are blowing it, aren’t they? [The Cannon]
- The addition of Ryan O’Reilly has worked out pretty damn well for the St. Louis Blues. [The Hockey News]
- Teams play a much more physical game in the postseason, and that can sometimes be the difference between winning and losing. [The Athletic]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.