Knights Nuggets: Nate Schmidt is suspended and everything is bad
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes.
Rise and shine! Let’s check in on some news and notes:
- The Golden Knights will be without Nate Schmidt for the first 20 games of the season, and that, friends, is not ideal. [Knights on Ice]
- Not including Schmidt, the Knights only have six defensemen under contract for the start of the season, meaning Shea Theodore’s contract dispute needs to be resolved ASAP. [Knights on Ice]
- Marc-Andre Fleury will have to adjust to some equipment changes ahead of the new season. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- The Golden Knights were snubbed in NHL 19’s ranking of the top 50 players in the NHL, which is just disrespectful. [SinBin.vegas]
- Vegas is hoping to make another run at the Stanley Cup this season, but the folks over at The Athletic aren’t quite as high on the Knights going into Year 2. [The Athletic]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.