Knights Nuggets: No more RFAs to worry about
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Golden Knights finally did the deed and signed defenseman Jimmy Schuldt, their last remaining RFA, to a contract. [KOI]
- At No. 12 on our Top 25 Under 25 list comes dynamic puck-moving defenseman Dylan Coghlan, who could challenge for a spot sooner rather than later. [KOI]
- Rookie camp is here! Which players should you be keeping an eye on? [Las Vegas Sun]
- The Golden Knights’ Game 7 loss to the Sharks was not fun, but it’s going to fuel them throughout the 2019-20 season. [The Athletic]
In other news...
- You know how the NHL has those really cool player and puck tracking plans? Well, there’s been a bit of a roadblock. They need to find a new partner to make it happen. [ESPN]
- NWHL games will now be streamed on Twitch! Support women’s hockey, folks. [The Ice Garden]
- The NHL is awful at branding its brightest stars. How can this be fixed? Well, just do what the NBA does. [The Athletic]
- It’s finally happening! Pierre McGuire is being removed from NBC Sports’ top hockey team and will be replaced by Brian Boucher! God is real after all!
Per impeccable source, Pierre McGuire has been removed from NBC Sports' No. 1 hockey team, to be replaced by Brian Boucher.— Rick Carpiniello (@RickCarpiniello) September 4, 2019
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.