Knights Nuggets: One week until draft day
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Logan Thompson became somewhat of a cult hero at the end of the season, and it’ll be exciting to see where he fits in the Golden Knights’ goalie picture moving forward. [Knights On Ice]
- Oh, to be the Golden Knights’ general manager for a day. The boys at SinBin took a crack at it. [SinBin.vegas]
- You’ll never guess what the Golden Knights’ biggest need in the draft is (hint — it’s a center). [The Athletic]
In other news...
- We have a trade! Kevin Fiala is headed to the Kings. In return, the Wild are getting Brock Faber and the Kings’ first-round pick. [Hockey Wilderness]
- It’s hard to imagine the Penguins without Evgeni Malkin on the roster, but that may soon become a reality. [Sportsnet]
- Anthony Duclair suffered an Achilles injury that may require surgery. Brutal luck after the season he just had. [The Athletic]
- Prepare to spend a ton of money on really cool vintage hockey merch.
The @nhl announced an agreement that sees the iconic sportswear and culture brand, Mitchell & Ness, gain rights to design and manufacture officially-licensed lifestyle apparel, headwear and accessories for the NHL and all 32 NHL teams.— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) June 29, 2022
Details: https://t.co/Ci2cVAzMQK pic.twitter.com/h0E6mts5en
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.