Knights Nuggets: Ryan Carpenter is ‘doing good’
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Golden Knights forward Ryan Carpenter seems to be doing okay after taking a scary hit along the boards against the Lightning on Tuesday. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- While it’s good that Carpenter is doing okay, though, the hit adds even more to the conversation regarding the obvious concern with head injuries in ice hockey. [HockeyBuzz]
- William Karlsson has seen a predictable regression this season, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been an effective player in Vegas’ sophomore campaign. [NHL]
In other news...
- The Predators were busy yesterday. In exchange for a second-round draft pick, they acquired Brian Boyle from the Devils. [On The Forecheck]
- Nashville also reacquired forward Cody McLeod from the Rangers for some odd reason. [On The Forecheck]
- Some bad news for the Minnesota Wild. Captain Mikko Koivu tore his ACL and is out for the remainder of the season. [ESPN]
- Auston Matthews wasted no time showing why he’s worth every penny of his massive contract extension.
Denying @AM34 this goal wasn't even a possibility. pic.twitter.com/1EHshMQETd— NHL (@NHL) February 7, 2019
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.