Knights Nuggets: Saying goodbye to a Vegas legend
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The moment everyone’s been fearing. The Golden Knights traded Nikita Gusev. A true Vegas icon. [KOI]
- But forget about that. The Golden Knights are partnering with the Vienna Capitals in Europe! How fun! [The Athletic]
- Remember that one time there was an outdoor game in Vegas and locusts decided to dive bomb the ice? Kind of similar to this grasshopper invasion, huh? [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
In other news...
- It’s officially official. The Coyotes now have a new owner. [Five For Howling]
- The Lightning signed Andrei Vasilevskiy to a gigantic contract worth $9.5 million per season. [Raw Charge]
- Imagine a hockey team filled with all the best hockey players on the planet from Ontario. Not even fair. [The Athletic]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.