Knights Nuggets: The Golden Knights are back!
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes.
Rise and shine! Let’s check in on some news and notes:
- The Golden Knights returned to action last night as they defeated the Arizona Coyotes 7-2 in the preseason opener. Ladies and gentlemen, it’s good to have hockey back. [Knights on Ice]
- Brayden McNabb didn’t put up eye-popping statistics last season, but he cemented himself as a key cog on the Vegas blue line. [Knights on Ice]
- It’s a bummer that Erik Karlsson isn’t a member of the Golden Knights right now, but Vegas’ failure to acquire the two-time Norris Trophy winner shouldn’t keep fans from feeling optimistic. [Knights on Ice]
- Have you read Max Pacioretty’s article for The Players’ Tribune yet? If not, you should do that. Like, this very second. [The Players’ Tribune]
- Marc-Andre Fleury and his wife Veronique announced that they are expecting their third child! Hooray for the Fleurys! [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
In other news...
- The possibility of a lockout in the 2020-21 season is very real, and a crucial date in the process of avoiding the work stoppage is just a year away. [AP]
- Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg’s days in the NHL are over. An unfortunate ending to a storied career. [Winging It In Motown]
- The Winnipeg Jets have inked defenseman Josh Morrissey to a two-year bridge contract. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram and like our Facebook page for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.