Knights Nuggets: ‘Twas a successful weekend
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- After a rough outing against Vancouver, the Golden Knights hosted the Coyotes Saturday night and pretty much dismantled them. [Knights On Ice]
- Robin Lehner had a particularly strong showing against Arizona, and he’ll be counted on big time in the season’s homestretch. [The Athletic]
- Speaking of stepping up, how about Logan Thompson coming up huge while Lehner was out of the lineup? [Knights On Ice]
- In case you missed it, Daren Millard was hospitalized after a bicycle accident on Friday, so send all of your positive vibes Daren’s way as he recovers!
Daren Millard will miss tonight’s game; he was hospitalized after a bicycle accident yesterday. He suffered significant injuries but is expected to make a full recovery.— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) April 9, 2022
In other news...
- Auston Matthews is scoring goals at will, and at this point the Maurice “Rocket” Richard Trophy is his to lose. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- The Kraken signed Matty Beniers to his entry-level deal, so the first draft pick in franchise history could suit up as early as this week. [Davy Jones Locker Room]
- Minnesota State goalie Dryden McKay, 24, won this year’s Hobey Baker Award, so that’s neat. [ESPN]
- Unfortunately, immediately after winning the Hobey Baker, his squad lost the National Championship to Denver. Bummer. [The Denver Post]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.