Knights Nuggets: George McPhee did the thing!
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- George McPhee, you beautiful, beautiful man. Mark Stone is now property of the Golden Knights! [KOI]
- What should you know about Stone? I reached out to the folks over at Silver Seven for some insight. [KOI]
- Unfortunately, someone had to be dealt for Stone. And one of those players was Oscar Lindberg. In fact, it was his now former teammates who told him he’d been traded. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- While hockey is a business, don’t ever forget that these players are also human.
It’s a business. Unfortunately, some parts are harder than others. Lindberg still on the ice. Has no idea he’s been traded. #VegasBorn pic.twitter.com/cfRbiO7J5s— Ryan The Hockey Guy (@RyanHockeyGuy) February 25, 2019
In other news...
- The Flyers traded Wayne Simmonds to the Predators, ending Simmonds’ eight-year run in Philadelphia. [Broad Street Hockey]
- That wasn’t the only trade the Preds made yesterday, though. They also added Mikael Granlund to the squad. [On The Forecheck]
- The Jets also got traded for a useful forward, sending a prospects and a pair of picks to the Rangers in exchange for Kevin Hayes. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- If the Penguins are trying to put together the worst blueline in hockey, they’re doing a great job of it. [PensBurgh]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SoundCloud for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.