Knights Nuggets: Paul Stastny to miss up to 2 months
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes.
Rise and shine! Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Paul Stastny could miss up to two months of action, according to Gerard Gallant. Not ideal, folks! [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- When will Erik Brannstrom earn another opportunity with the Golden Knights? Now that he’s back from injury, it may not be all that far away. [KOI]
- You can now buy Golden Knights tickets by way of a text message. Hello, future! [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- Marc-Andre Fleury unveiled some new pads at practice.
H E A T 🔥 pic.twitter.com/Vo1UeZvYYc— NHL on NBC (@NHLonNBCSports) October 15, 2018
In other news...
- Recreational use of marijuana is about to become legal in Canada, but it doesn’t appear it will have much of an impact on NHL players. At least for now. [Sportsnet]
- Mike Matheson has been suspended for two whole games after his dirty hit on young star Elias Pettersson, further proving that the NHL still has a problem with protecting its best young talents. [The Hockey News]
- Kenya’s only hockey team, the Kenya Ice Lions, made a couple additions to the roster — Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon. [NHL]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Facebook for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.