Knights Nuggets: Our sweet prince has returned
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes.
Rise and shine! Let’s check in on some news and notes:
- The Golden Knights lost for the first time this preseason, but nobody cares! Shea Theodore’s back, baby! [Knights on Ice]
- The Golden Knights assigned defenseman Nicolas Hague to the Chicago Wolves to start the season. Wouldn’t be much of a shock if we see him in a Knights sweater at some point soon, though. [Knights on Ice]
- Cody Eakin is dealing with a lower-body injury that could keep him out of the lineup to start the season, so that isn’t great. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
- The Philadelphia Flyers unveiled their new mascot. Its name is Gritty and it’s absolutely horrifying. Luckily, Gritty has reminded us all that Chance, despite our initial criticisms, is one heck of a mascot. [Knights on Ice]
In other news...
- Former Golden Knights defenseman Luca Sbisa, who joined the New York Islanders on a professional tryout earlier this month, has officially signed a one-year contract with the Isles. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- The Seattle City Council has unanimously approved the redevelopment of KeyArena. We’re one step closer to a 32nd NHL franchise, folks! [The Seattle Times]
- Say what you will about the San Jose Sharks, but their new alternate sweaters are very, very pretty.
#StealthMode is the new night mode. pic.twitter.com/pOl3y3lraz— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) September 23, 2018
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram and like our Facebook page for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.