Knights Nuggets: Wild Bill ends a wild OT thriller
Start off your morning by reading up on some hockey news.
Wow, how about that game last night?!? Let’s check in with some news and notes from around the league:
- The Golden Knights took a 2-1 series lead with an epic 4-3 overtime win last night in San Jose. [Knights On Ice]
- ICYMI, Marc-Andre Fleury was ridonculous throughout Game 3. Take a look at his best save of the game. [NBC Sports]
- The officiating in the playoffs has been facing widespread criticism, and it’s not just the Knights-Sharks series that’s experiencing it. [NBC Sports]
- Looking for some good playoff hockey to tide you over until tomorrow night? The Nashville vs. Winnipeg series, tied at 1-1, has been particularly entertaining. [SB Nation]
- The Buffalo Sabres won the draft lottery (a.k.a. the Dahlin sweepstakes) over the weekend and can now draft Swedish defenseman Rasmus Dahlin first overall. Remember him? That’s the guy everyone thought Vegas would be drafting this summer. Instead, the Knights are in the second round of the playoffs. But everyone in Buffalo is pretty excited about the consensus No. 1 pick, and they should be. [Die By the Blade]
- While Buffalo struck gold, there were some other definite winners and losers from the draft lottery. [ESPN]
- If necessary, the start time for Game 6, which will be in San Jose on Sunday, May 6, has been set for 4:30 p.m. PT. [NHL]
- A few organizational changes were made around the league. The Maple Leafs announced that Lou Lamoriello will not return as general manager, instead transitioning to a senior advisory position. [NHL]. Also, Carolina terminated the contract of President of Hockey Operations Ron Francis. [Sports Illustrated]
- Fun fact: Prior to last night’s win, all four second-round series in the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs were tied at 1-1, which is the first time that has happened since 1991.
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.
YES— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) May 1, 2018
SHAKE THAT FLOW pic.twitter.com/VhqcwLDMJQ
And would you look at this chart: