Knights Nuggets: Marcus Kallionkieli signs his entry-level contract
Start off your morning by reading up on some news and notes from Vegas and around the NHL.
Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Perhaps trading Nikita Gusev to the Devils was the Golden Knights’ best option. Still, doesn’t seem ideal. [The Athletic]
- The Golden Knights signed Marcus Kallionkieli (who has Finnish and Brazilian roots) to a three-year, entry-level contract. [Las Vegas Review-Journal]
In other news...
- Restricted free agents are signing left and right. The Devils locked up Will Butcher for three more years yesterday. [All About The Jersey]
- Also, the Avalanche signed defenseman Samuel Girard to a seven-year contract extension. [Mile High Hockey]
- If you haven’t heard, the Wild fired Paul Fenton. And they could replace him with Peter Chiarelli. Yikes! [The Athletic]
- We don’t see hockey fights nearly as much as we used to. And there’s a reason for that. [ESPN]
If you’re not already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Spotify for more news and notes on the Golden Knights.